Saturday, January 31, 2009

SUPERbowl 2009

Here we go again.

I'm not one of those die-hard fans, that goes crazy when her favorite team makes it to the playoffs (unless, of course, we're talking about my kids), probably because being a mom keeps me from having too much time to be a die-hard fan.

Over the years, I've turned into one of those people who, upon turning on a game on the televsion, will forget who she's rooting for, and root for the team that's losing, mainly because she likes to watch a great game, and if it's not happening, well, she wants it to. It keeps life interesting. And makes watching, fun.

Yes, I know. Perhaps I have a twisted idea of fun....

Which bring us to Sunday, February 1, 2009....

Cardinals VS Steelers....

Do I have a favorite?

I can't say. Won't say. But I will say this....It is a surprising duel....One I didn't expect....And it kind of reminds me....yes, it brings certain memories to mind....

Well,...all you STEELERS fans,... not to jinx it or anything, but it seems to me that the playoffs--this whole, road-to-the-bowl sort-of-thing--is kind of similar to what happened last year, when the GIANTS shocked the world by making it to the SUPERbowl.


Everyone thought for sure they'd LOSE the game, and more importantly, that it would be a bad game at that, since they were PLAYING AGAINST THE BEST TEAM in recent history, (even if the PATS had been CHEATING to ensure that spot...) But I digress. The PATs should have won. They should have won so badly, that it was sad, sad, sad, SAD, that they lost.

It left me sorely in a bad mood, which lingers to this day, considering some of the problems they seem to have hired on their medical staffffff who don't know how to heel a broken bone....


Anyway.

Warp speed to present day. DOES THIS STORY SOUND FAMILIAR? I mean, WHAT the HECK (Utah-speak) ARE the CARDS doing PLAYING the STEELERS? Aren't they going to be SPANKED?.....One would think so, unless of course, you witnessed and recall what HAPPENED LAST YEAR....

All I have to say is, Pray, baby Pray. Any of you. All of you.

Cause, if anything, I want it to be FUN.

ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Your comment will appear soon after approval