Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

So, it's the day after we devoured turkey and stuffing with all the fixings, and I'm still feeling incredibly blessed. I do have much to be thankful for, even though some days I feel completely overwhelmed. And here it is, Black Friday, a day I opted not to shop and woke instead to see why I'm the luckiest mother in the world.

I'm thankful for two boys who will wake themselves at the crack of dawn to make sure they can surprise me with breakfast in bed. (I tend to be an early riser.) It was one of my favorites. French toast, a mini ham and cheese omelet, and OJ. And they did it all on their own.

I'm thankful for a daughter who tells me she loves me and that I'm her best friend. A daughter who showers me with hugs and plays uplifting, empowering songs when I need them, even though I'm not telling her I do. A daughter who stands by me in the kitchen before and after the Thanksgiving meal to help with preparations and clean-up. A daughter who hands me her size 3/4 jeans because she thinks I can wear them, after I see that mine are too big and no longer fit. (I won't tell you if hers fit, though!)

I'm thankful for family and friends who show their support and share their love and help keep me focused on my hopes and dreams. I'm thankful for a wonderful home, good schools that help educate my children, the means to put food on the table, and strong health. I'm thankful to have full days to enjoy, the sun when it shines, and a future that keeps me looking forward. And I'm thankful to live in a state and a country that affords us so many freedoms to do the things we do.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Your comment will appear soon after approval