Tuesday, February 2, 2010

52nd Grammy Awards and 2nd Bear Lake Retreat

Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?

A productive and fun writer's retreat at Bear Lake was capped off with the 52nd Grammy Awards. My favorite performance of the evening was Pink's "Glitter In The Air." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dls0GznlQeE

Despite the fact that an offer to publish a project that Rick and I had been working on was withdrawn right before our retreat, Rick and I managed to pick up my spirits and co-write another fun manuscript. Hope blooms eternal! We were also treated to Randall Wright reading the first 10 chapters or so of his next novel, which he co-wrote with Carmen Deedy. I can't wait to see this manuscript in print. It's sooooo good. I know my kids will love it!

All in all, the company and time spent together, along with the impromptu guitar-playing and late-night conversations, were fantastic. And to think I managed to get through the weekend this time without fainting, proving it was not Rick, nor Mark, who have that effect on people. Plus, having an unexpected foot and a half of fresh powder for me to ski in at Beaver Mountain before I headed back down Logan Canyon served as icing on the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment