Monday, December 19, 2011

Update. And do Nook users exist?

It's been a while since my last post. Happy Holidays!

I have some good news to report. Little Red Riding Hood, Into the Forest Again is now available on Kindle. An extra bonus with this edition is that the images are in full color for those lucky enough to have the lastest version of Kindle or some other full color reader device. And although I haven't put my marketing into place for this edition, I'm glad that a few people have already found it. I hope they and the kids they'll be sharing it with will enjoy it.

Which brings me to my next question. Do Nook users exist? Although The Ghost in Me has been available on bn.com for a while, and Little Red has been available there for at least a few months, sales are absolutely flat. Compared to Amazon, those sales are not even out of the gate. Although other authors have reported similar trends, it seems odd. Perhaps the fact that Amazon offers the ebooks in other formats for other devices helps those sales as well. But for a nontechie like me, who has a hard time keeping up with gizmos from the last decade, this is a question I can't really answer.

But here's another question that I finally can. I've been asking it for a while now: What will the cover for my next book look like? I've struggled with it for a long time now, but it seems I've got something put together that works. Let me know what you think. I hope to release this next book in June 2012, if all goes as planned.

Last, but not least, The Ghost in Me is part of a 12 Days of Christmas IndieBookBlowout. This event features ebooks from indie authors for 99 cents thru Dec 24. So, if you have time, you may want to head over to the site to see what titles are available. I've noted a few that are on my list to read. www.indiebookblowout.com

Have a wonderful holiday season!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment