Sunday, June 16, 2013

Music for Sunday

My daughter introduced me to Boyce Avenue that does acoustic covers of popular songs, some with upcoming young artists. Vanessa Carlton's "A Thousand Miles" is done here with Alex Goot. I think he has a really unique, yet cool voice.

Boyce Avenue is already hugely popular. I'm not even sure if they can be called "Indie." But nevertheless, they do a lot of acoustic covers with other new artists, so it's neat to see who may be about to break out on the scene. Plus, if you like Boyce Avenue's vibe, they are going on a Pacific Coast tour this fall.

One other artist that caught my ear in one of Boyce Avenue's videos was Megan Nicole. I love her voice. So pure and crystal clear. I loved her take on Skyscraper by Demi Lavato. Both of these singers, Alex Goot and Megan Nicole, have their own channels on YouTube.

Here you go. Have a great Sunday (it's Father's Day!), and enjoy some Indie Music surfing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Your comment will appear soon after approval