Thursday, December 10, 2015

Coat of Many Colors - Tis the Season

Without a doubt, I am no expert on the culture of film. When I find I have a little free time to burn, I'll check out the latest offerings available. Lately however, I'd found myself lamenting at the lack of movies and TV shows that offered any sort of meaningful dialogue that extended beyond people simply talking AT each other, or issuing commands. I guess I have missed shows or films that offer displays of human connection and companionship. I guess I have grown tired the endless barrage of dystopian stories hinged on awful leaders and the results of poor decisions.

Just when I thought I would forever leave the television off and avoid the theater altogether, along came Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors. It seems silly to think that someone my age finally felt happy over the fact that she had a film to look forward to, but it's true.

And as I watch it, it's apparent that I was right. Finally, I was lucky to stumble across entertainment that meant something other than one side winning or losing. Finally, I was lucky to be able to sit down to enjoy a real story about real people. Isn't that what life is about?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Your comment will appear soon after approval