Friday, July 13, 2018

Jane Eyre's Raspberry Tarts

Today I picked about 6 quarts of raspberries from along my garden wall. While I considered choices of what I could make with the harvest, I remembered one of my favorite recipes for Raspberry Tarts from The Book Lover's Cookbook, Recipes from Celebrated Works of Literature and the Passages That Feature Them (Ballantine Books)which I co-authored with Janet Kay Jensen.

The recipe for Privileged Tart was paired with a passage from Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre when Jane was brought a tart by Bessie, presumably out of guilt and compassion, after Jane fainted in the red room following a frightening experience. Photos of the tarts and other prepared recipes from the cookbook can be seen on Pinterest at Janet's board and mine.

Rather than load a photo of the tarts here, I am giving you something better, a couple photos of the recipe from the cookbook so that you can check it out.

Do you have favorite recipes for fresh raspberries? Share them here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Your comment will appear soon after approval