Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Seven days, Seven books. Day 4, Swashby and the Sea by Beth Ferry, illustrated by Juana Martinez-Neal

When it comes to books, if any part of the story involves the ocean, a lake, or a river, I'm hooked. So, the title of today's feature won my heart with the mention of the sea. And since I'd already become a Beth Ferry fan after reading The Scarecrow (illustrated by The Fan Brothers)I knew I was in for a treat with Swashby and the Sea. However, the heart, ingenuity, and clever literary surprises in this latest book from one of my favorite authors swept me all the way to the moon and back. 


If you have a soft spot for grumpy old men hiding a kinder side of themselves from the world, if you love word puzzles and word play, if you love the idea of your environment working to put your best interests forward on your behalf, you'll enjoy sharing this picture book with the young readers in your life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Your comment will appear soon after approval